The Kantor Group
Bottom-up Investment Strategies from an Experienced Team
Charles Kantor, Head of the Kantor Group at Neuberger Berman, alongside his team of sector-specific analysts and client administrators, are experienced investors, deeply engaged with clients and in command of exceptional resources. They have been managing client assets through multiple business cycles with the goal of delivering attractive risk-adjusted returns.
The Kantor Group (left to right): Tracy Meyer, Frank Bisk, Charles Kantor,
Will Muller, Amy Norflus, Marc Regenbaum, Brian Meaney, Charles Nguyen,
and Kelly McMahon
Philosophy & Process
We provide clients with a total return investment strategy that seeks capital appreciation aligned with their investment objectives through a disciplined research and investment process.
Using a flexible, all-cap approach, we seek to invest in attractive businesses, with strong management teams and compelling valuations.
Our comprehensive research process results in assets being invested across three "buckets":
- Capital Growth: Companies that demonstrate attractive industry fundamentals, strong competitive positions and significant re-investment opportunities
- Total Return: Emphasize sustainable and/or growing streams of income underpinned by asset value
- Opportunistic: Identifiable catalysts; change as a source of value creation
The Kantor Group at a Glance
- Hands-on, customized solutions for clients
- Direct interaction with portfolio manager
- Frequent client communication
Disciplined investment process
- Five-step fundamental investment approach grounded in the principles of economic profit
- Combine quantitative analysis and qualitative judgment to form investment thesis
- Disciplined investment process that relies heavily on original research and meetings with management to uncover value
- History of engagement with the management teams of portfolio companies in an effort to uncover value
Investment experience and research expertise
- Charles Kantor has over 20 years of industry experience
- Over $4 billion in assets under management for individuals, families and institutions
- Significant separate account money management experience
- Dedicated analysts have 13 years average industry experience and are organized by sector-specific expertise
Now Available as a Mutual Fund
The Kantor Group, which has for some time managed assets both on a long-only and long-short basis, also manages the Neuberger Berman Long Short Fund, which seeks to provide equity exposure with lower volatility than the broader market.
Click Here for More Information
To learn more about the Kantor Group, please call Tracy Meyer at 212-476-5567.
This material is for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. Any third-party media content is being redistributed with permission and may not be redistributed without the publisher’s consent. All information is current as of the date indicated and is subject to change without notice. Neuberger Berman does not accept any responsibility to update any opinions or other information presented. Information is obtained from sources deemed reliable, but there is no representation or warranty as to its accuracy, completeness or reliability.
Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm or the firm as a whole. Third-party economic or market estimates discussed may or may not be realized and no opinion or representation is being given regarding such estimates. Information presented may include estimates, outlooks, projections and other “forward looking statements.” Due to a variety of factors, actual events may differ significantly from those presented. Certain products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all client types. Indexes are unmanaged and are not available for direct investment. Investing entails risks, including possible loss of principal. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Representative portfolio information (characteristics, holdings, weightings, attribution, etc.) is based upon the manager’s composite or a representative composite account. Representative accounts are selected based on such factors as size, length of time under management and amount of restrictions. Client accounts are individually managed and may vary significantly from composite performance and representative portfolio information. Specific securities identified and described do not represent all of the securities purchased, sold or recommended for advisory clients. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable.
The “Neuberger Berman” name and logo are registered service marks of Neuberger Berman Group LLC. Neuberger Berman LLC is a Registered Investment Adviser and Broker-Dealer. Member FINRA/SIPC.