We and all of our colleagues at Neuberger Berman wish our readers a happy and prosperous New Year.
Our regular CIO Weekly Perspectives will return next Monday and our Asset Allocation Committee Outlook 1Q2021 will be available shortly thereafter.
In the meantime, you can register to join a webinar on Thursday, January 14, 2021, in which Erik Knutzen, CIO of Multi-Asset Class, will lead a discussion on the Asset Allocation Committee’s latest views:
Asset Allocation Committee Outlook 1Q2021
Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 10:00AM EST | 15:00 GMT
You may also want to check out the “Ten for 2021” themes that we set out in Solving for 2021. From a return to an early-cycle economy and the consolidation of last year’s digital transformation to currency volatility and the tussle between cyclical and secular-growth stocks, the heads of our investment platforms talk through some of the dynamics that we believe will shape investment strategy over the next 12 months.
In Case You Missed It
- U.S. 3Q2020 GDP (Final): +33.4% annualized rate
- U.S. Consumer Confidence: -4.3 to 88.6 in December
- U.S. Existing Home Sales: -2.5% to SAAR of 6.69 million units in November
- U.S. Personal Income & Outlays: Personal spending decreased 0.4%, income decreased 1.1%, and the savings rate decreased to 12.9% in November
- U.S. New Home Sales: -11.0% to SAAR of 841,000 units in November
- U.S. Durable Goods Orders: +0.9% in November (excluding transportation, durable goods orders increased 0.4%)
- S&P Case-Shiller Home Prices Index: October home prices increased 1.3% month-over-month and increased 7.9% year-over-year (NSA); +1.6% month-over-month (SA)
- U.S. Initial Jobless Claims: +787,000 for the week ending December 26th
What to Watch For
- Tuesday, January 5:
- ISM Manufacturing Index
- ISM Non-Manufacturing Index
- Thursday, January 7:
- Eurozone Consumer Price Index
- U.S. Initial Jobless Claims
- Friday, January 8:
- U.S. Employment Report
Weekly Market Data
We will resume providing statistics on the current state of the market in our next issue of CIO Weekly Perspectives on January 11. Happy Holidays!