Online Privacy Statement
Neuberger Berman Group LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “Neuberger” or “we”) are committed to maintaining the privacy of authorized users of this site. We recognize that you entrust important information about you to us, and we wish to assure you that we take seriously our responsibilities in protecting and safeguarding this information. This Online Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”) describes in detail how we use and otherwise handle information that we collect on the Neuberger Berman Young Professionals LinkedIn Group website (the “Site”). The Privacy Statement is effective August 9, 2018.
Information We Collect, Use and Disclose
We may collect, use and disclose information about you when you use this Site in the following ways:
- For you to get the most from the Site and the Neuberger Berman Young Professionals Group network, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about you. This information may include, but not be limited to, contact information (your name, company name, corporate title, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, where applicable); date of birth, professional credentials and other professional information, educational information, and information about your business and personal interests. If you decline to provide us with certain information, you may not be able to participate in the Neuberger Berman Young Professionals LinkedIn Group website or group event, and may not receive materials, invitations and other materials available to group members.
- We may also collect information about you that you provide by responding to our questions, surveys or polls, for review on an aggregate basis.
- • We may use such information about you to verify your identity and eligibility for the Site and for the Neuberger Berman Young Professionals Group network. Should you register to receive information from Neuberger on the Site through electronic or postal mail, you authorize Neuberger to send you group newsletters, alerts regarding updates to the Site, and invitations to events, in the manner you have selected. By completing a profile on the Site, you authorize Neuberger to include information about you in any Neuberger Berman Young Professionals Group directories and on the Site, to the extent you indicate that the information may be visible to others. You also permit Neuberger to update and keep current the information it maintains about you, and to respond to your requests for information. Neuberger may access information about you contained on the Site to facilitate business development and recruiting efforts. You further understand and agree that your use of the Site and your participation in programs associated with it is entirely voluntary, and that you may unregister from the receipt of information by electronic mail or postal mail at any time. Should you correspond with a current Neuberger employee through the Site, messages you send to or receive from the employee are subject to review, retention and supervision under Neuberger’s Electronic Communication policies and procedures. You agree to the review of these messages for retention and supervision purposes. Electronic messages sent via the Site may be accessed in locations that may not be required under applicable law to offer the same level of privacy or data protection as the laws applicable in your place of residence or employment.
- To the extent you provide information about yourself for the purpose of sharing it with other users of the Site, such information may be visible to users of the Site, as well as to Neuberger and LinkedIn. Electronic messages sent via the Site may not be required by applicable law to offer the same level of privacy or data protection as the laws applicable in your place of residence or employment. This information may be stored or otherwise maintained by Neuberger and/or its agents in the United States and elsewhere. Accordingly, you agree that information about you, whether in electronic or physical form, may be disclosed, transferred, accessed and processed across jurisdictional borders and among legal entities as needed in connection with the Neuberger Berman Young Professionals Group and related programs. If you do not agree to the disclosure, transfer, access, processing or storage of the information described herein, it will not be possible for you to use the Site.
- • You can unsubscribe to the Site by first selecting “Your Settings” under the “More…” tab and then choosing the “Leave Group” option. If you want to unregister from the Neuberger Berman Young Professionals Group, please contact us. In certain locations, applicable law may entitle you to a copy of some of the information about you that has been retained through your use of the Site, upon submission of a written request to Neuberger Berman Young Professionals Group, 1290 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10104.
Online data transfers
Please note that data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. Neuberger cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. In particular, while individual data packets are often encrypted, the names of the sender and recipient are not. A third party may therefore be able to trace an existing bank account or relationship or one that is subsequently created. Even if both the sender and recipient are located in the same country data may also be transmitted via such networks to other jurisdictions regularly and without controls, including to locations that may not afford the same level of data protection as your work or residence location.
Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
Protection, Processing and Use of Personal Data
We may use information about you to enhance the quality of the products or services we wish to provide to our customers and to maintain contact details for those with whom we deal. We restrict access to information about you to those employees, agents or other parties who need to know that information. We may also disclose information to firms that perform services on our behalf to the extent permitted by applicable law. These service providers are generally required to treat the information confidentially and use it only for the purpose for which it is provided. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information, including firewalls, individual passwords and encryption and authentication technology. We do not use information for purposes other than as set out above, or disclose to any third party any personal information about you, except with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law. Certain jurisdictions may have more stringent privacy requirements that will prevent disclosure of your personal information to any other person or entity, including affiliates. We will retain your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws for so long as it is needed.
Links to Other Websites
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites that are not operated or monitored by Neuberger. These other websites are not subject to this Privacy Statement and we are not responsible for their content or for the policy they apply to the treatment of information about you. We recommend that you read the policy used by these websites and check how these websites protect your personal data and whether they are trustworthy.