This page sets out the terms on which you may make use of this website and apply to every page on the website, whether or not such pages are individually disclaimed. Please read these terms carefully before you start to use the website. By using the website, you have indicated that you accept these terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms, please refrain from using the website.
About Neuberger Berman Asia Limited
This website is operated by Neuberger Berman Asia Limited (“NBAL”).
NBAL is a company incorporated under the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”), with its principal place of business in Hong Kong at 20/F, Jardine House, 1 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong. NBAL is licensed and regulated by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission to carry on Types 1 (dealing in securities), 4 (advising on securities) and 9 (asset management) regulated activities, as defined under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (“SFO”).
Intended Users and US Persons
The information contained on this website is intended for investors in Hong Kong only. If you are not resident in Hong Kong, please do not use this website.
This website does not constitute an offer or solicitation and is not directed at you if NBAL is prohibited by any law of any jurisdiction from making the information on this website available to you and is not intended for any use that would be contrary to local law or regulation. No products and services mentioned on this website must be promoted in any jurisdiction where this would not be permitted.
This website is not aimed at any US Person (as defined by Regulation S of the US Securities Act 1933) and is not for distribution and does not constitute an offer to or solicitation to buy any securities in the USA. By accessing this website, you agree that you are not a US Person, a resident of the US, currently located in the US or a person acting on account of a US Person.
No Investment, Legal or Tax Advice
This website does not constitute investment, legal or tax advice with respect to our products and services and it is important that you do not rely on its content when making an investment decision. The information on this website is general information only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment or strategy referred to on this website is suitable for you. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any decision to enter into an investment transaction. NBAL will not treat users of the website as its clients by virtue of them accessing it.
Past performance is not indicative of future results. The value of investment funds and the income therefrom may go down as well as up and you may not get back the original amount invested. Your capital could be at risk. You are not certain to make money from your investments and you may lose money. Exchange rates may cause the value of overseas investments and the income therefrom to rise and fall.
General Risk Factors
- The portfolios referred to in this website may invest in equity, fixed-income securities and/or derivatives. Each portfolio may have a different risk profile.
- Investment involves risk and investor may lose the entire investment. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. All charts, data, opinions, estimates and other information are provided as of the date of this document and may be subject to change without notice.
- Certain portfolios may use financial derivative instruments (FDI) extensively for investment, efficient portfolio management and hedging purposes. Risks associated with FDI include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risks and over-the-counter transaction risks. The leverage element/component of an FDI can result in a loss significantly greater than the amount invested in the FDI by the portfolio. Exposure to FDI may lead to a high risk of significant loss by the portfolio.
- Certain portfolios may have a net leveraged exposure of more than 100% of the NAV of the portfolio. This will further magnify any potential negative impact of any change in the value of the underlying asset on the portfolio and also increase the volatility of the portfolio’s price and may lead to significant losses.
- In respect of Distributing Shares, the portfolios may at its discretion pay dividends out of the capital of the portfolios. Dividends paid out of capital amount to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment. Such dividends may result in an immediate decrease in the net asset value of the relevant shares.
- Investors should not solely rely on information on this website to make any investment decision. Please refer to the offering documents for details including the risk factors before making any investment decisions.
- Exchange rate fluctuations may affect the value of an investment and any income derived from it.
- Dividends and capital gains on securities issued in the relevant portfolios may be subject to withholding taxes imposed by the countries in which each particular fund invests.
- Some portfolios which are invested in emerging markets may also involve a higher degree of risk and are usually more sensitive to price movements relative to the developed markets. Investors should read the offering documents for details and the risk factors, in particular those associated with investments in emerging markets.
- Some portfolios invest primarily in a single market or sector or in small-sized companies. These investments are subject to higher concentration risk and are more volatile than funds following a more diversified policy. Those portfolios which are invested in smaller companies may involve a higher degree of risk and are usually more sensitive to price movements.
- Please note that this website has not been reviewed by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission.
Neuberger Berman Investment Funds plc (the "Fund") is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland (the "Financial Regulator") as an Undertaking for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities under the European Communities ("UCITS") Regulations 2011 (S.I. 253 of 2011) of Ireland, as amended.
This website does not constitute an offer or solicitation and is not directed at you if NBAL is prohibited by any law of any jurisdiction from making the information on this website available to you and is not intended for any use that would be contrary to local law or regulation. NBAL may from time to time authorise or register new or existing sub-funds of the Fund or any other collective investment scheme or launch new share classes. Please contact your local representative to confirm the latest authorisation or registration status of any sub-fund or share class or collective investment scheme.
Subscriptions will only be received and shares issued on the basis of the current prospectus (including the Hong Kong covering document) for the Fund or collective investment scheme. It is your responsibility to read and understand the prospectus (and any supporting documents such as the latest reports and accounts). By making an application you will be deemed to represent that you have read such prospectus (including the Hong Kong Covering Document) and agree to be bound by its contents. Copies of the prospectus (including the Hong Kong Covering Document) and the report and accounts of the Fund or collective investment scheme can be obtained from this website. Additional information, such as factsheets or the composition of any dividend, on this website has been prepared by NBAL or its affiliates and is believed to be reliable but there is no guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness. This website does not constitute investment advice. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
Third Party and Other Information
NBAL does not represent that the information on this website, including any third party information, is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Certain information contained on this website (including any forward-looking statements and economic and market information) has been obtained from published sources and/or prepared by third parties and may not be current. While such sources are believed to be reliable, NBAL, each of its officers, employees and affiliates do not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of such information. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of NBAL, or any of its officers, employees and affiliates as a whole.
The information expressed on this website is subject to change without notice.
Your Use of the Website
You must NOT use the website (or permit or procure others to use it) as follows:
- for any unlawful, improper or illegal purpose or activity;
- to communicate or receive information that is obscene, indecent, pornographic, sadistic, cruel, or racist in content, of a sexually explicit or graphic nature, which promotes or incites discrimination, hatred or racism or which might be legally actionable for any reason;
- in a manner intended to threaten, harass, or intimidate;
- to violate NBAL’s or any third party's copyright, trademark, proprietary or other intellectual property rights;
- to damage NBAL's name or reputation or that of our affiliated companies or any third parties;
- to impersonate any of our employees or other person or use a false name while using our website or implying an association with us;
- to penetrate our security measures or other entities' systems ("hacking");
- to transmit unsolicited voluminous emails (for example, spamming) or to intercept, interfere with or redirect email intended for others using our website;
- to generate excessive amounts of internet traffic, to interfere with our network or other's use of our website or to engage in activities designed to or having the effect of degrading or denying service to users of our website or others;
- to introduce viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses onto the internet or into our website or any other entity's systems and it is your responsibility to ensure that whatever you download or select for your use from our website is free from such items;
- to post or transmit information that is defamatory, fraudulent or deceptive, including but not limited to scams such as "make-money-fast" schemes or "pyramid/chain" letters;
- to transmit confidential or proprietary information, except solely at your own risk; and/or
- to do any other thing that may interfere with or interrupt the use of the website by any other person or otherwise interfere or interrupt with the operation of our business or the business of any of our related entities.
When using the website, you must comply with all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations, including those related to data privacy, international communications and exportation of technical or personal data. It may be illegal to download the information contained on the website in certain countries and we and our affiliated companies disclaim all responsibility if you download any information from the website in breach of any law or regulation of the country in which you reside.
We may, in our absolute discretion, and without any liability or giving any reason to you, terminate, suspend or restrict your access or use of part or all of the website if we consider that you have breached any of these terms or if we otherwise consider it necessary in order for the proper functioning of the website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The entire contents of this website are subject to copyright with all rights reserved. You may download or print individual sections of the website for your personal use and information only provided that you are legally entitled to access the material and you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not reproduce (in whole or in part), transmit (by electronic means or otherwise), modify, link into or use for any public or commercial purpose the website without the prior written permission of NBAL.
Nothing on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right in relation to any of our trademarks or those of our affiliated companies or any third party.
The website, including information and materials contained in the website, text, graphics, software, links and other items are provided "as is" and/or "as available". NBAL does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, timeliness or availability of the website, and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, NBAL expressly disclaims any implied statutory guarantees and any express or implied warranties of any kind, including any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement in conjunction with the website.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, NBAL and each of its officers, employees and affiliates, excludes all liability for any damages, including, without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with the website or use thereof or the inability by any party to use such website, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if NBAL, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
No company or person may link their website to this website or any affiliated site without the written permission of NBAL. Where a link to a non-Neuberger Berman website exists, to the extent permitted by applicable law, NBAL does not accept responsibility for the content of such website nor the products, services or other items offered through that website.
Please read our Privacy Statement before providing NBAL with any personal information on this website. By providing any personal information on this website, you will be deemed to have read and accepted our Privacy Statement.
Law and Variation
This website shall be governed by, and your browsing in and use of this website shall be deemed acceptance of, the laws of Hong Kong. A condition of using this website is that in the event of any dispute or proceeding you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts and waive any objection to proceedings in such courts on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that the proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum.
Each time you use this website, a condition of use is that you comply with the above terms.