Online Privacy Statement
Neuberger Berman Group and its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “Neuberger” or “we”) are committed to maintaining the privacy of authorized users of this site. We recognize that you entrust important information about you to us, and we wish to assure you that we take seriously our responsibilities in protecting and safeguarding this information. This Online Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”) describes in detail how we use and otherwise handle information that we collect on the Official Neuberger Berman Alumni LinkedIn Group website (the “Site”). The Privacy Statement is effective January 15, 2013.
Information We Collect, Use and Disclose
We may collect information, use and disclose information about you when you use this Site in the following ways:
- For you to get the most from the Site and the Neuberger Berman Alumni Network, we will ask you to provide us with certain information about you. This information may include, but not be limited to contact information (your name, company name, corporate title, postal address, e-mail address; telephone number, where applicable); day and date of birth, professional credentials and other professional information, educational information, and information about your business and personal interests.
- We may also collect information about you that your provide by responding to our questions, surveys or polls, for review on an aggregate basis.
- We may use such information about you to verify your identity and eligibility for the Site and for the Alumni Network. Should you register to receive information from Neuberger on the Site through electronic or postal mail, you authorize Neuberger to send you alumni newsletters; alerts regarding updates to the Site; invitations to events, in the manner you have selected. By completing a profile on the Site, you authorize Neuberger to include information about you in the firm’s Alumni directory, to the extent you indicate that the information may be visible to others. You also permit Neuberger to update and keep current the information it maintains about you, and to respond to your requests for information. Neuberger may access information about you contained on the Site to facilitate business development and recruiting efforts. You further understand and agree that your use of the Site and your participation in programs associated with it is entirely voluntary, and that you may unregister from the receipt of information by electronic mail or postal mail at any time.
- Should you correspond with a current Neuberger employee through the Site, messages you send to or receive from the employee are subject to review, retention and supervision under Neuberger’s Electronic Communication policies and procedures. You agree to the review of these messages for retention and supervision purposes.
- Further, you understand and agree that, to the extent you provide it for that purpose, information about you will be visible to users of the Site; and to Neuberger and/or LinkedIn, electronic messages sent via the Site and associated programs, globally, including in locations that may not by law offer the same level of privacy or data protection as your place of residence or for current Neuberger employees, your work location. This information will be stored or otherwise maintained on servers and in applications maintained by Neuberger and/or its agents in the United States and elsewhere. Neuberger and its agents are required by law or contract to keep this information confidential. Accordingly, you agree that information about you, whether in electronic or physical form, may be disclosed, transferred, accessed and processed across jurisdictional borders and among legal entities as needed for the Alumni Relations and related programs. If you do not agree to the disclosure, transfer, access, processing or storage of the information described herein, it will not be possible for you to use the Site.
- If you no longer want to receive information about the Neuberger Berman Alumni Network or to use this Site, you can unregister from the Site by contacting us. In certain locations, applicable law may entitle you to a copy of some of the information about you that has been retained through your use of this site, upon submission of a written request by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to us at: Neuberger Alumni Relations, 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158.
- You can unsubscribe to the Site by first selecting “Your Settings” under the “More…” tab and then choosing the “Leave Group” option. If you want to unregister from the Neuberger Berman Alumni Network, please contact us. In certain locations, applicable law may entitle you to a copy of some of the information about you that has been retained through your use of the Site, upon submission of a written request to Neuberger Alumni Relations 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158. If you decline to provide us with the above information, you may not be able to participate in all of the Alumni Network events or other offerings that may be available to you.
Online data transfers
Please note that data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. Neuberger cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. In particular, while individual data packets are often encrypted, the names of the sender and recipient are not. A third party may therefore be able to trace an existing bank account or relationship or one that is subsequently created. Even if both the sender and recipient are located in the same country data may also be transmitted via such networks to other jurisdictions regularly and without controls, including to locations that may not afford the same level of data protection as your work or residence location.
Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
Protection, Processing and Use of Personal Data
We use information about you to enhance the quality of the products or services we wish to provide to our customers or in connection with your investments with or through us and to maintain contact details for those with whom we deal. We restrict access information about you to those employees, agents or other parties who need to know that information to provide products or services to you or in connection with your investments with or through us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information, including firewalls, individual passwords and encryption and authentication technology. We do not use for purposes other than as set out above, or disclose to any third party any personal information about you, except with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may also disclose this information to firms that perform services on our behalf to the extent permitted by applicable law. These service providers are required to treat the information confidentially and use it only for the purpose for which it is provided. Certain jurisdictions may have more stringent privacy requirements that will prevent disclosure of your personal information to any other person or entity, including affiliates. We will retain your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws for so long as it is needed.
Links to Other Websites
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites that are not operated or monitored by Neuberger. These other websites are not subject to the Privacy Statement and we are not responsible for their content or for the policy they apply to the treatment of information about you. We recommend that you read the policy used by these websites and check how these websites protect your personal data and whether they are trustworthy.