Neuberger Berman Commemorates Firm’s 75th Anniversary with Annual “Celebration With Service”
New York, April 25, 2014 — Neuberger Berman Group LLC, one of the world’s leading employee-controlled investment managers, is pleased to mark its 75th anniversary with its annual “Celebration with Service” program. The community service initiative in late April and early May includes more than 1,000 Neuberger Berman volunteers participating in over 75 projects globally in cities including Boston, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Wilmington, Del., London, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Taipei and Tokyo.
Celebration with Service is a key component of Neuberger Berman’s signature philanthropic program, NB Impacts, which brings together all the resources of the firm – employee engagement, employee leadership and financial contributions – to meet critical community needs. Over the past three years, NB Impacts has engaged more than 4,500 volunteers globally who have worked with more than 5,000 youth, reached 800 seniors and spent nearly 2,000 hours sprucing up parks and community spaces. The Neuberger Berman Foundation, a cornerstone of NB Impacts, makes grants in support of organizations that provide academic enrichment, job readiness and college preparedness programs for at-risk children and youth.
“We are excited to celebrate this significant anniversary by helping the communities in which we work worldwide,” said George Walker, CEO of Neuberger Berman. “Throughout our long history, we have stressed the importance of being good corporate citizens, and Celebration with Service is a great way to act on that commitment.”
Of the more than 75 projects occurring globally this year, select highlights include:
- This year’s marquee event will feature Neuberger Berman volunteers working alongside local youth, through New York Cares, to beautify and revitalize the Bronx River Community Center at the New York City Housing Authority’s Bronx River Houses.
- Volunteers in Chicago will work with Special Olympics Athletes to help them prepare for competition and help students from Teen Living hone their interviewing skills.
- In Dallas, employees will take part in several projects, helping to serve meals with Stewpot, gardening at Stonewall Gardens and working with children at Vogel Alcove.
- Partnering with Changing Young Lives, volunteers in Hong Kong will work with children to create paintings for their learning center.
- Working with American Red Cross, volunteers in Los Angeles will help register blood donors.
- In Melbourne, volunteers will help prepare meals for the homeless and hungry with FareShare.
- In Tokyo, projects include cleaning a local beach and a hospital serving young children.
For information on the Neuberger Berman Foundation and Celebration with Service, please visit http://www.nb.com/corporate_social_responsibility/.
About Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman is a 75-year-old private, independent, employee-controlled investment manager. The firm manages equities, fixed income, private equity and hedge fund portfolios for institutions, advisors and individuals worldwide. With offices in 16 countries, Neuberger Berman’s team is approximately 2,000 professionals and the company was named by Pensions & Investments as a 2013 Best Place to Work in Money Management. Tenured, stable and long-term in focus, the firm fosters an investment culture of fundamental research and independent thinking. It manages $247 billion in client assets as of March 31, 2014. For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.