European Sustainable Equity
Seeks to invest in quality companies where sustainability reinforces competitive advantage
- Global, best ideas portfolio of 30-50 quality holdings
- Sustainability, value chain lens and engagement key to approach
- Risk-controlled portfolio, with high active share >75%
- Experienced, industry-leading investment team* supported by NB research and ESG platforms
- Established, long-term track record
We seek to build a sustainable, future-proof portfolio by investing in companies that:
We use a value chain perspective to bottom-up assessment; a differentiated approach that looks across traditional sector classifications for compelling investment opportunities.
We adopt a consistent and repeatable four-step process to build a resilient portfolio of high-quality and sustainable business models
ESG at Neuberger Berman
As an active manager, Neuberger Berman has a long-standing belief that ESG factors are an important driver of investment returns from both opportunity and risk mitigation perspectives.
- Top scores (5 stars) awarded in the most recent UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) assessment for ESG investment and stewardship approach and integration across asset classes1
- Member of PRI 2020 Leaders’ Group, awarded to 1% of PRI investment manager signatories2
- Innovative ESG investing team support development of proprietary research and investment-led implementation of ESG integration
- For illustrative and discussion purposes only. PRI grades are based on information reported directly by PRI signatories, of which investment managers totaled 3,404 for 2021. Due to some technical problems that the PRI had migrating to a new data platform, the results of the 2021 reporting cycle (based on the calendar year 2020) were delayed. Note that scores for the 2021 reporting cycle cannot be compared to previous years due to the change in assessment methodology. Although there was not a Leaders' Group announced by the PRI based on reporting in 2021, Neuberger Berman achieved a 5-star rating in every eligible module in the PRI's 2021 Reporting Framework. Unlike previous years, the indicator scores are assigned one of five performance bands (from 1 to 5 stars) instead of six performance bands (from A+ to E).
- The year 2020 represents the first year that asset managers became eligible for PRI Leader designation, which formerly included asset owners only. The new designation was awarded to only 20 of the 2100+ investment manager PRI signatories. The Leaders’ Group showcases signatories at the cutting edge of responsible investment, and highlights trends in what they are doing. PRI uses signatories’ reporting responses and assessment data to identify those that are doing excellent work in responsible investment – across their organizations and with a focus on a given theme each year. The 2020 theme is climate reporting. Information about PRI Leader is sourced entirely from PRI and Neuberger Berman makes no representations, warranties or opinions based on that information.