Neuberger Berman Advisor Institute
Partnering for Practice Excellence
Dynamic programs, processes and tools to help wealth advisors build enduring relationships.
- A proven record of building unique, actionable, measurable business development and practice management programs for our partners
- Dedicated team with more than 40 years of combined experience
- Lauded by industry publications, including Investment News, Investment Advisor Magazine and IMCA
Wealth Managers Face a Growing Number of Challenges
Consider a few of the challenges investment professionals face today:
One trillion dollars are always in motion.
Every year for the next 50 years, $1 trillion will pass from one generation to the next. Yet, only 2% of children will keep their inheritances with their parent's financial advisor. Additionally, 55% of widowed women will use a different financial advisor upon their husbands' death, according to a 2011 IMCA study.
A surging competitor field.
The number of financial advisors is going to spike. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of advisors is expected to grow 32% from 206,800 to more than 314,000 by the year 2020. Additionally, increasing numbers of investors, especially the coveted young, affluent segment, are using multiple advisors, eroding your share-of-wallet.
The rise of D-I-Y.
Availability of e-tools are creating more do-it-your-selfers, according to a 2011 Cisco study. Of those who have decided to go it alone:
- 49% said the fees charged by financial advisors are too high
- 40% said they believe they can get better results on their own
- 37% said they do not believe financial advisors have their clients' best interests at heart
Our Suite of Services
NBAI makes available to you an array of additional programs to help advisors help their clients:
- Year of RE: Keys to Retaining, Referring and Re-engaging Valued Clients and their Families - Will help you identify your best clients and help you craft custom messages to make YOU the go-to person in the family’s time of need.
- The Family Love Letter®. An intergenerational wealth transfer program designed to build alliances with attorneys, CPAs and other centers of influence creating a forum to cross-pollinate referrals while opening the door to the next generation of wealth.
- Money, Women and Power: What Every Woman Should Know (Public Seminar). A program designed to engage and empower the spouse in financial matters and help her develop a comprehensive plan to help her organize her current financial life, as well as prepare for the unexpected.
- Anticipating the Unexpected/Surviving Spouse Check List: A 12-Month Guide to Working with Your Advisors (Client/Advisor Tool). Designed to position the advisor as the family's financial quarterback in creating a plan encompassing the overall financial picture, investment portfolio, retirement income needs, annuity and life insurance coverage, long-term care and estate planning.
- Life Events Check List (Client/Advisor Tool). A review of more than 30 potentially life-changing events—pivotal points driving change and creating money in motion for clients.
- Best Practices Events. Learn ways to differentiate yourself by utilizing original and imaginative approaches to connect with your female clients, build your book and gain referrals.
What You Get from Neuberger Berman Advisor Institute:
Neuberger Berman's Advisor Institute will gain insight into your business parameters and issues by posing questions such as: